Brake Problems 89 mark vii bb.

Discussion of STOCK calipers, pads, rotors, fluids, lines, reservoirs, pedals and systems.

Brake Problems 89 mark vii bb.

Postby hndstang » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:46 pm

Hello, Im new here, but seems if anyone would know an answer it would be someone here. I just did a routine brake job. now I have no brakes pedal goes to the floor. I have tried bleeding the brakes, no change... Is there a special way for these vehicles? coz I know how bleed brakes, and never ran into this problem before, on most cars. Hope someone has here has idea, I not have lot of money to spend on the car.

Moved by Admin for better coverage
hndstang

Re: Brake Problems 89 mark vii bb.

Postby tomnh » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:15 pm

Welcome to the forum.

hndstang wrote:Hello, Im new here, but seems if anyone would know an answer it would be someone here. I just did a routine brake job. now I have no brakes pedal goes to the floor. I have tried bleeding the brakes, no change... Is there a special way for these vehicles? coz I know how bleed brakes, and never ran into this problem before, on most cars. Hope someone has here has idea, I not have lot of money to spend on the car.

Our Mark VIIs need a special bleeding. You start with the passenger side rear. First make sure that you have a lot couple of qts on hand. have someone go open the bleeder, turn the key on, press lightly on the brake peddle, you will hear the ABS/Brake pump turn on and the fluid should start flowing out. Have your buddy close that bleeder when the fluid shows clean and with no air. Refill the brake fluid. Then go to the drivers side and repeat. The front brakes are done as normal brakes. We have a fantastic braking system.
If you check under brakes, you will find a lot of info on this.

Post under welcome and tell us a bit about you and your ride and where you are from too.
tomnh

Dirty Deeds 90 lsc 93 Cobra heads and intake, 1.7 RR, 6AL ignition, United Exhaust 2 1/4" off road exhaust, no smog and no cats, X-Pipe, SCT chip and mass air, A9P ECU. 24lb injectors, 3:55 gears, 255 fuel pump, aeromotive fuel pressure regulator with gauge, 65mm TB, Ram Air intake, 17" 1998 cobra rims. Last tune was 290HP

Sandy 1989 lsc convertible (1 of 12) Original and Stock, driven daily and under renovation.

Buy Club Gear and Support Our Club !
http://www.cafepress.com/LincolnMarkVIIClub
tomnh
DECEASED MEMBERS

Postby hndstang » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:29 pm

Thanks, I will try that, definitely different than I used to on bleeding brakes. Thanks for the info, after I try that I will post again.. I saw a lot of conversation about the accumulator, but in other talks it says the brake pedal is very firm, which is not the case my problem.. Is it still something to be considered? Anyways, I'm Robert. my ride is a 1989 Mark Vii Bill Blass. only 122,000 original miles. every thing works on it except the brakes now. lol. well not totally correct... airbag suspension was converted to conventional, and abs, is deactivated. other than this problem now, been a very reliable car. where Im from, I'm from Las Vegas, Nevada.
hndstang

Postby oldschool1 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:53 pm

Move your car to a dry area. Check ALL of the connections that you've disturbed since working on the car and remove any brake fluid from the surfaces. If your pedal is still going to the floor, you either have a massive leak or massive amounts of air trapped in your system.
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Postby White Lincoln » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:09 pm

Hi and welcome to the site!

Sometimes its easier to just get the car to a break shop and let them find the problem. Last time I did my brakes, I took the car to a shop to do the bleeding for me. It's much easier if you have two people and I didn't.

Good luck.
White Lincoln
SITE ADMIN

Postby Malibumark7 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:49 am

Hello, I am having the same problem but my car is at the shop all ready and when they bleed the brakes ..now there is none..was wondering when you bleed yours like the post said if it worked...
Malibumark7

Return to Brakes