restoring the pulldown (TEMP WINTER ISSUE = GONE)

Discussion of STOCK anti-theft system, charging system, connections, fuses, grounds, ignition system, lighting system, relays, sensors, switches, wiring systems.

restoring the pulldown (TEMP WINTER ISSUE = GONE)

Postby phoenix » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:45 pm

hey guys,

my pulldown motor is not taking to Chicago winter too well. it's being reaaaaallly slow!!! took 10 minutes this morning, and that's with the car parked in a (non heated) garage!! then after i drove and had to unload the cargo, it closed down much faster, within 30 seconds or so. i am trying to not use the trunk, and luckily i really have little need for it. but.... is there anything that can be done outside of finding a new pulldown motor to replace it? ty
Last edited by phoenix on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

1990 LSC SE (a.k.a. "Christine")
1991 LSC (a.k.a. "Ghost")

Christine: Arnott air springs/front, Suncore air springs/rear, CHE rear control arms, 1.5/16" front "Turbo Coupe" bar, Addco 415 rear bar, poly bushings everywhere, 1x2" SF connectors, MM caster plates, KYB shocks, Michelin Defenders, special order factory built Turbo Coupe color scheme cloth LSC buckets (with a matching backseat), factory CD/JBL (resto: Paul Protos)

Ghost: factory air springs, everything stock (except the front buckets out of '88 XR7), factory cassette/JBL (resto: Paul Protos)

latest 3 projects: brake accumulator/system flush (Ghost), rear calipers (Ghost), ignition coil (Ghost)
phoenix

Re: restoring the pulldown

Postby oldschool1 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:17 am

If you have a working key and decklid lock and latch, then temporarily disconnect the pulldown motor OR the decklid connectors. You need to disconnect the battery BEFORE doing this.

When it gets warm, relube the worm gear or replace the motor assembly all together.
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Re: restoring the pulldown

Postby phoenix » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:11 am

btw, thought i'd get back to this real quick. once it got warmer... works fine again. soooo.... well - no one here is complaining, that's for sure :lol:
Image Image

1990 LSC SE (a.k.a. "Christine")
1991 LSC (a.k.a. "Ghost")

Christine: Arnott air springs/front, Suncore air springs/rear, CHE rear control arms, 1.5/16" front "Turbo Coupe" bar, Addco 415 rear bar, poly bushings everywhere, 1x2" SF connectors, MM caster plates, KYB shocks, Michelin Defenders, special order factory built Turbo Coupe color scheme cloth LSC buckets (with a matching backseat), factory CD/JBL (resto: Paul Protos)

Ghost: factory air springs, everything stock (except the front buckets out of '88 XR7), factory cassette/JBL (resto: Paul Protos)

latest 3 projects: brake accumulator/system flush (Ghost), rear calipers (Ghost), ignition coil (Ghost)
phoenix

Re: restoring the pulldown (TEMP WINTER ISSUE = GONE)

Postby oldschool1 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:40 pm

Hm.
Weather related hunh?

Thanks for sharing that with us!
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Return to Electrical