Panel light dimmer

Discussion of STOCK TripMinderĀ®, audio, video, LED, capacitors, instrument clusters and controls, integrated circuitry and boards, low voltage, message center, resistors, speedometers, tachometers, transistors and systems.

Panel light dimmer

Postby Krull91 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:30 am

My panel light dimmer broke (spins freely) on my 89 mark 7 slc. Unfortunately it broke while the dimmer was set all the way down, making it near impossible to see the dash lights at night. Was wondering if I should just buy a new dimmer section or if there is anyway of making the lights brighter. Thanks!

Re: Panel light dimmer

Postby oldschool1 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:24 pm

If your Mark VII is older than 1990, then I strongly suggest that you replace this switch AND your ignition switch immediately. Both can be had NEW from sources like ROCKAUTO.COM Click the IGNITION SWITCH link in my signature for more information.

Do NOT try to increase the illumination by bypassing the switch as it has a resister (the busted wheel) in there for a reason; the system does not use the full 12 to 16 volts that the vehicle can produce.

Welcome from Primos, PENNSYLVANIA. Click the WELCOME link in my signature and tell us about yourself and your car!

Return to Electronic