Any new members or users in the San Fran/Sacto CA areas??

Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington

Re: Any new members or users in the San Fran/Sacto CA areas?

Postby ND4SPDLSC » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:47 pm

Art, would love to meet you and Kathy. I now know why you moved. This traffic is ridiculous and the parking spaces were shrunk. House prices and rental living expenses quadrupled. What the hell happened?! My rent for a closet is almost a mortgage on the East Coast away from Boston. It's more expensive to rent a place than NYC!
1985 Continental, Burgundy - In CT, Free to a good home!
1986 Mark VII LSC, Medium Graphite Metallic (1J), Project #1
1986 Mark VII LSC, Silver Metallic, Parts Car, Gone
1989 Mark VII LSC, Pewter Metallic (17) #, Unfortunate Parts Car, Gone
1989 Mark VII LSC, Pewter Metallic (17) #2, Project #2
1994 Mazda Miata, Classic Red
1999 Dodge Viper ACR, Viper Silver Metallic
1999 Jaguar XJR, Black, Stock
2000 BMW 540i/A, Biarritz Blue
2001 BMW 540i/6, Jet Black, Dinan Sprinkles
2001 BMW M5, Anthracite Metallic, Stock
ND4SPDLSC
CLUB MEMBER

Postby artbaileyjr » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:10 pm

YEP! It's CRAZY!
I moved to Idaho (the boonies) because I could purchase a home for the equivalent of THREE MONTHS mortgage here on the left coast; so I bought a couple of rentals there, PLUS the building I call home/shop/garage and paid them off in less than a year. That was in '91 and they have paid themselves off several times over in rental income and appreciation, plus I lived for (almost) free. I was shocked when I was offered a good job and came back here in '06 because the prices DOUBLED AGAIN!!! (Turns out that the job wasn't that great either!!) It all worked out well, (with a few hiccups) but I'm back here (California) again, caring for my dad. Thankfully, I am still an Idaho resident, so my cost of living is pretty reasonable here. I still dislike the fast pace here, now that I know that there is a more relaxed lifestyle elsewhere.

The upside is: (and I quote Oldschool1) "You can buy three different types of mustard, within a mile, at three AM".

Enjoy the "upside".

I'll be seeing you soon, Nick! :D

Art
..... It's more about the people, than it is about the cars .....

... 1988 LSC 5 spd - Shifty ............... 1990 LSC SE - Trusty ............... 1991 LSC SE - Dusty ...
http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/200 ... uide1.html
http://www.lincolnlandonline.com/index.html
1984 Base Turbo diesel, Silver - 1986 Bill Blass, Med Sandlewood, - 1988 LSC, Shadow Blue - 1988 LSC, Black, 5 spd -1988 Bill Blass, White - 1990 SE, Black
1991 SE, Black - 1991 LSC, Currant Red - 1991 LSC, White - 1991 SE, Currant Red. All straight, licensed, garaged and completely dependable.
artbaileyjr
DECEASED MEMBERS

Location: Southeast Idaho or Southern Ca, depending on the season!

Postby K MANIAC » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:17 pm

ND4SPDLSC wrote:Art, would love to meet you and Kathy. I now know why you moved. This traffic is ridiculous and the parking spaces were shrunk. House prices and rental living expenses quadrupled. What the hell happened?! My rent for a closet is almost a mortgage on the East Coast away from Boston. It's more expensive to rent a place than NYC!

Nick, you think all that is bad? Wait until you have to smog check your fleet upon entry into California and every two years after that. Hopefully your cars are still equipped with the original catalytic converters, air pumps, EGR's, etc. If not, you will either have to retrofit the missing pieces or keep the cars out of state. :shock: :o :cry: :roll:
"This car may be old, but it will still climb Kirker Pass at 110!"- quote of the original owner of my green 1964 Chrysler 300-K

1986 Continental
1989 Mark VII Bill Blass (Oxford White)
1989 Mark VII LSC (Pewter Metallic)
1989 Mark VII LSC (Sandstone Metallic)
1/2 of a 1992 Town Car Signature (my guaranteed inheritance)
K MANIAC
BOARD MEMBER

Postby ND4SPDLSC » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:21 pm

artbaileyjr wrote:The upside is: (and I quote Oldschool1) "You can buy three different types of mustard, within a mile, at three AM".

Enjoy the upside.

Art

In the Bay Area, it's apparently gourmet mustard. Lol definitely enjoying that.
ND4SPDLSC
CLUB MEMBER

Postby ND4SPDLSC » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:24 pm

K MANIAC wrote:
ND4SPDLSC wrote:Art, would love to meet you and Kathy. I now know why you moved. This traffic is ridiculous and the parking spaces were shrunk. House prices and rental living expenses quadrupled. What the hell happened?! My rent for a closet is almost a mortgage on the East Coast away from Boston. It's more expensive to rent a place than NYC!

Nick, you think all that is bad? Wait until you have to smog check your fleet upon entry into California and every two years after that. Hopefully your cars are still equipped with the original catalytic converters, air pumps, EGR's, etc. If not, you will either have to retrofit the missing pieces or keep the
cars out of state. :shock: :o :cry: :roll:

I keep all the smog stuff on my cars. There aren't enough gains to justify ditching the stuff to me. They should all pass. MA has almost the same standards.
ND4SPDLSC
CLUB MEMBER

Postby K MANIAC » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:38 pm

ND4SPDLSC wrote:
K MANIAC wrote:

Nick, you think all that is bad? Wait until you have to smog check your fleet upon entry into California and every two years after that. Hopefully your cars are still equipped with the original catalytic converters, air pumps, EGR's, etc. If not, you will either have to retrofit the missing pieces or keep the
cars out of state. :shock: :o :cry: :roll:

I keep all the smog stuff on my cars. There aren't enough gains to justify ditching the stuff to me. They should all pass. MA has almost the same standards.

Excellent! :D
"This car may be old, but it will still climb Kirker Pass at 110!"- quote of the original owner of my green 1964 Chrysler 300-K

1986 Continental
1989 Mark VII Bill Blass (Oxford White)
1989 Mark VII LSC (Pewter Metallic)
1989 Mark VII LSC (Sandstone Metallic)
1/2 of a 1992 Town Car Signature (my guaranteed inheritance)
K MANIAC
BOARD MEMBER

Postby josephpadilla.1400@gmail.com » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:38 pm

Hi my name is Joseph I live in Vacaville California I am a proud owner of a 1990 Lincoln Mark 7 LSC but at the same time I'm having issues with my car I need help guys and if anybody is looking to buy another weekend my friend kind of messed up and went on the wrong side of the road and he's paying for that now and then he has no longer access to his own Lincoln in it sitting for sale right now
josephpadilla.1400@gmail.com

Postby oldschool1 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:02 pm

Welcome and ouch, from the Right Coast.
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Previous

Return to Western US