new here

Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington

new here

Postby scuter60 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:49 pm

Hello all i am brand new here and picking up my lincoln tomorrow i am pumped up more to follow as i go along :D
scuter60

Re: new here

Postby oldschool1 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:04 am

Welcome from Primos, PA!

Start taking pictures NOW! Many of us have captured our cars "as delivered". This includes showing all of the original grease and grime.
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Postby White Lincoln » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:01 pm

How exciting to get a new car! Fill us in on the details of your new car and put in some pics too!
White Lincoln
SITE ADMIN

Postby scuter60 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:23 pm

well i finally got the car whew after a little negotiating because the a.c unit would not hold a charge it needed a new unit and we both decided we would split the cost on the new unit minus a couple of hundred for my patients in my favor it got done and im glad it worked out. It is a 1988 lincoln town carr bb edition black with tan interier has been garaged its whole life im the second owner, with 92,xxx on it and stills smels like a new car i love this car and named it after my grandfather who had one like it. the ironic thing about it is the old guy i bought if from had the same last name as my grandfather so he didnt want to sell it to anyone else which is why we worked to gether on this ac. problem that is solved now, wow must be a good omen. Yes guys pictures are coming as soon as i get it into my name and join as a member. Thanx for the replies :D
scuter60

Postby oldschool1 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:41 am

Congratulations and you are welcome.

The SEARCH feature above is your Friend.
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Postby White Lincoln » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:57 am

Scuter 60,
Was that typo when you said it was an 88 Town Car? Did you mean 88 Mark VII?

Oh, get an account on Photobucket and put some pics on so we can see this wonderful car!
White Lincoln
SITE ADMIN

Postby scuter60 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:30 am

sorry all about not getting back to you but since i got my 88 mark 7 i have had neck surgery and back issues but still trying to do all the things i need to do to the car like new battery and cables and copper clamps checking all grounds and even adding one :D. Had to replace left front weel bearing and replaced trans. shift cable the one that goes to the shifter replaced the Tv cable bushing just in time the old one did not look good replacing the ignition switch next as per old school :D. Taking a couple of days off though all this work with fresh surgery has taken it tole on this beet down body i did have a question thouh im not sure if my digital dash is freaking out but when i start the car the speedometer reads 85 and drops down to 55 and up and down and when the idle drops were it should it reads zero the problem is when this occures the odometer is rolling over as it were going down the road wich tell me the previous owners may not have known what was up with this issue and the milage is probabl lower than the 92000 that it says that being said it also speeds up if i turn the lights on . any input would be nice and greatly apreciated . Also can any one tell me if there are any events it the seattl area or northwest area that would be fun to go as long as its not to far to drive you know bad spine and all and i just like lookin at the car and sittin in it :lol: i will be taking pics of it soon my wife loves the car also but is afraid to drive it as she is so short she says it to long on the nose .......... so looks like its me and my mark 7 :twisted:
scuter60

Postby scuter60 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:31 am

White Lincoln wrote:Scuter 60,
Was that typo when you said it was an 88 Town Car? Did you mean 88 Mark VII?

Oh, get an account on Photobucket and put some pics on so we can see this wonderful car!

yes im sorry its a mark 7 you know us nubees
scuter60

tv bushing

Postby scuter60 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:47 am

ive got to tell a short story i ordered the bronze or brass bushing from local ford dealer. all was well until he opened the plasitc package and took one out , after i said that i wanted all four that i had pre-paid for and tried to charge me twenty bucks for on bushing and two bucks for the little clip :evil: well after a few hard exchanges back and forth i told him he just bought them all and to give me a credit, wich he did but i have only seen one mark 7 in this area on the road and i told him he would have these bushings in stock collecting dust for long wile. :lol:
scuter60

Postby tomc » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:00 am

Hey there.
I'm in Vancouver, Washington, (have to say that so no one will automatically thing BC)
I have many parts for these cars, I've been collecting part for over 4 years now, so if you need something let me know and I my just have it.
Did you get your answer on the odometer running wild?

Tom Curry
curry1391@comcast.net
tomc
CLUB MEMBER

Return to Western US