Trunk Trim Panels

cleaning, stain removal, washing, cloth, leather, vinyl, detailing.

Trunk Trim Panels

Postby HotRodLSCSE » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:55 pm

So I found that my car suffers from the same issue many do, rear window rust issue. Because of it, my trunk panels paid the price. My amazing wife took on the task of replace/repair, I could not find suitable replacements.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HotRodLSCSE
CLUB MEMBER

Re: Trunk Trim Panels

Postby CDW6212R » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:57 am

That's a good project. Do a good job and I'll get you to make more. Mine has had a leak at the right side where the body seam sealer let go at the right rear of the trunk opening. The trim on that side is all bad now.

What material did you look at for rebuilding those? I ask because the horizontal piece that hangs under the parcel shelf always bows, and most people have discarded those. Mine is off of the car too, but I have two stored away, planning to remake them someday. I think a better rigid material might survive longer than the OEM paper material.
Don
1991 Red Special Edition, my 2nd SE, dead paint, DWS 255/45/17's on 95 Cobra wheels, and soon; DVD/Navi/backup camera, OBDII and the 347, before custom paint.
98 Mountaineer with Continental DWS 255/55/18's, big sway bars, custom brakes. Soon to be A4WD with XP8 bumpers and wing.

ImageImage
CDW6212R
CLUB MEMBER

Return to Interior