your Mark VII interior - post pics HERE!!

cleaning, stain removal, washing, cloth, leather, vinyl, detailing.

Re: your Mark VII interior - post pics HERE!!

Postby Davemutt » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:48 am

phoenix wrote:Image

Your interior came out great! You did a lot of work there.

I'm jealous of you guys with factory CD players. :mrgreen:

Not sure if you did this on purpose, but your speaker covers are backwards. The emblem normally faces rear.
Davemutt

Postby phoenix » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:48 pm

Thanks!! It was a lot of work. Next up - a new dash, now that I've finally sourced an uncracked one. But I am not doing it until I have a new Motorcraft heater core sitting in a box ready to go in, as well as new speaker and radio wiring. Just cause I'll be there. Then... need to reupholster the seats. Finally, the ceiling will have to come out again when I replace the moonroof glass (screws rusted to the tabs) in order to replace the visor.

But yeah, the JBL grilles have been reversed on purpose. I like seeing those badges in the rearview mirror. :D
Image Image

1990 LSC SE (a.k.a. "Christine")
1991 LSC (a.k.a. "Ghost")

Christine: Arnott air springs/front, Suncore air springs/rear, CHE rear control arms, 1.5/16" front "Turbo Coupe" bar, Addco 415 rear bar, poly bushings everywhere, 1x2" SF connectors, MM caster plates, KYB shocks, Michelin Defenders, special order factory built Turbo Coupe color scheme cloth LSC buckets (with a matching backseat), factory CD/JBL (resto: Paul Protos)

Ghost: factory air springs, everything stock (except the front buckets out of '88 XR7), factory cassette/JBL (resto: Paul Protos)

latest 3 projects: brake accumulator/system flush (Ghost), rear calipers (Ghost), ignition coil (Ghost)
phoenix

Postby YVRHotRodLincoln » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:19 am

...here's a pic of my '86's beige interior...hard to find a mark anywhere...and that's with over 100K miles on it... :!:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
YVRHotRodLincoln
CLUB MEMBER

Postby knightrider » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:46 pm

Some time go I spent one entire day cleaning up the interior and here you can see the results. After removing a lot of grime the leather looks to be in a good condition, particularly I was surprised at how good the steering wheel and center console/arm rest was. When I got the car it did not look promising, but it all turned out to be just dirt. As for the velour it is as good as new.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1990 Mark VII LSC
knightrider
CLUB MEMBER

Postby oldschool1 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:54 pm

Good job!

It's rare to see cloth inserts on a 1990 - 1992 car.

What products did you use on what materials?
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Postby knightrider » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:28 pm

John, true, I have not seen too many photos of cars with cloth inserts. Frankly speaking I find this combo solution to be a bit of an oddity, I think it was supposed to be a "sporty" option? To hold you better in the seat centre when cornering, similar to Audi's alcantra+leather solution.

I used Meguiars Carpet & Interior cleaner for cloth, Meguiars Natural Shine Protectant for all plastic bits and Autoglym leather cleaner (just because I had it handy already, having it used for another car). Really cannot say if these products are better or worse than others because I can't compare them with anything else.
1990 Mark VII LSC
knightrider
CLUB MEMBER

Previous

Return to Interior