your Mark VII interior - post pics HERE!!

cleaning, stain removal, washing, cloth, leather, vinyl, detailing.

your Mark VII interior - post pics HERE!!

Postby phoenix » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:47 pm

UPDATED, see below
Last edited by phoenix on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image

1990 LSC SE (a.k.a. "Christine")
1991 LSC (a.k.a. "Ghost")

Christine: Arnott air springs/front, Suncore air springs/rear, CHE rear control arms, 1.5/16" front "Turbo Coupe" bar, Addco 415 rear bar, poly bushings everywhere, 1x2" SF connectors, MM caster plates, KYB shocks, Michelin Defenders, special order factory built Turbo Coupe color scheme cloth LSC buckets (with a matching backseat), factory CD/JBL (resto: Paul Protos)

Ghost: factory air springs, everything stock (except the front buckets out of '88 XR7), factory cassette/JBL (resto: Paul Protos)

latest 3 projects: brake accumulator/system flush (Ghost), rear calipers (Ghost), ignition coil (Ghost)
phoenix

Re: your Mark VII interior - post pics HERE!!

Postby warwgn » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:17 am

Here's what a 1990 Bill Blass looks like.

The factory radio was replaced with a Clarion CD player (was installed before I bought the car)
there's fabric covered cardboard inserts in the rear side windows to hide the opera window panels that came with the canvas Landau roof
I added a Garmin Nuvi 250 GPS, a Cell phone holder, and some custom floor mats, (shag pile bathroom mats cut to fit the floor boards). I like driving bare footed on long road trips, and the mats are really comfortable.

other than that, the interior is bone stock.

Cheers
Doug Corrigan
1990 Bill Blass, Black w/ canavas Landau roof. Mods: 3.08 trac-lock rear end, Draw-Tite Class 1 bumper mount trailer tow hitch.
2003 Ford Explorer Limited. 4.6L V-8. 5spd Auto 3.73 rear 4x4. Class 4 hitch.
warwgn
CLUB MEMBER

Postby phoenix » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:58 pm

Now, Jack. I've always wanted to hear the story behind THAT interior. I mean, what you've done there is beyond beautiful. Has it really seen so little abuse as to have survived 18 years like that? Or has stuff been replaced/restored?

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous. 8-)
Image Image

Christine: Arnott air springs/front, Suncore air springs/rear, CHE rear control arms, 1.5/16" front "Turbo Coupe" bar, Addco 415 rear bar, poly bushings everywhere, 1x2" SF connectors, MM caster plates, KYB shocks, Michelin Defenders, special order factory built Turbo Coupe color scheme cloth LSC buckets (with a matching backseat), factory CD/JBL (resto: Paul Protos)

Ghost: factory air springs, everything stock (except the front buckets out of '88 XR7), factory cassette/JBL (resto: Paul Protos)

latest 3 projects: brake accumulator/system flush (Ghost), rear calipers (Ghost), ignition coil (Ghost)
phoenix

Postby warwgn » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:43 am

Ok, How did Phoenoeixex's reply to my BB interior go missing? Did Jack's interior post overwrite it and it got deleted?
Cheers
Doug Corrigan
1990 Bill Blass, Black w/ canavas Landau roof. Mods: 3.08 trac-lock rear end, Draw-Tite Class 1 bumper mount trailer tow hitch.
warwgn
CLUB MEMBER

Postby phoenix » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:35 am

warwgn wrote:Ok, How did Phoenoeixex's reply to my BB interior go missing? Did Jack's interior post overwrite it and it got deleted?

The radiance of Jack's awesome interior melted it and it disintegrated, unable to stand the presence of such celestial beauty. :shock: :lol:

Well, actually, I deleted it after I thought u'd have read it, because I didn't want to hijack the thread and slap my comment on top of your pics right after you posted them, lol. I only do that to Jack! :lol: :lol: :lol: :? :D

I was saying to Doug that the BB wood trim looks awesome on a black interior. And that Doug has taken awesome care of the leather interior items... looks very cool. 8-)

WHO'S NEXT
Image Image

phoenix

Postby Davemutt » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:44 am

phoenix wrote:I was saying to Doug that the BB wood trim looks awesome on a black interior.

+1. That's beautiful! I need to get me a BB one of these days.
Davemutt

Postby artbaileyjr » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:01 pm

Well, it's only because Jack is a radiant, celestial kinda' guy! :D :mrgreen:
..... It's more about the people, than it is about the cars .....

... 1988 LSC 5 spd - Shifty ............... 1990 LSC SE - Trusty ............... 1991 LSC SE - Dusty ...
http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/200 ... uide1.html
http://www.lincolnlandonline.com/index.html
1984 Base Turbo diesel, Silver - 1986 Bill Blass, Med Sandlewood, - 1988 LSC, Shadow Blue - 1988 LSC, Black, 5 spd -1988 Bill Blass, White - 1990 SE, Black
1991 SE, Black - 1991 LSC, Currant Red - 1991 LSC, White - 1991 SE, Currant Red. All straight, licensed, garaged and completely dependable.
artbaileyjr
DECEASED MEMBERS

Location: Southeast Idaho or Southern Ca, depending on the season!

Postby artbaileyjr » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:12 pm

Hizhonor wrote:Yeah .... I'm a real F****ING PEOPLE PERSON!! :P :mrgreen: :lol: 8-)

Hey, HEY, HEY! I was bein' NICE here! :P :D :lol:

... 1988 LSC 5 spd - Shifty ............... 1990 LSC SE - Trusty ............... 1991 LSC SE - Dusty ...
1984 Base Turbo diesel, Silver - 1986 Bill Blass, Med Sandlewood, - 1988 LSC, Shadow Blue - 1988 LSC, Black, 5 spd -1988 Bill Blass, White - 1990 SE, Black
1991 SE, Black - 1991 LSC, Currant Red - 1991 LSC, White - 1991 SE, Currant Red. All straight, licensed, garaged and completely dependable.
artbaileyjr
DECEASED MEMBERS

Postby warwgn » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:22 pm

Oh, this means war! what's an LSC interior got that a BB don't have? what did I do wrong? Is it because I'm Canadian?

Really though Jack, your interior is showroom perfect, but I'd still prefer the BB interior because the seats are a heck of a lot more comfortable. I'd be willing to bet that your ass would be really sore on a 4 hour road trip in those LSC seats. Heck i sat in one for about 5-10 seconds, and it was like the seats were rock hard.
Cheers
Doug Corrigan
warwgn
CLUB MEMBER

Postby K MANIAC » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:33 pm

warwgn wrote:Oh, this means war! what's an LSC interior got that a BB don't have? what did I do wrong? Is it because I'm Canadian?

Really though Jack, your interior is showroom perfect, but I'd still prefer the BB interior because the seats are a heck of a lot more comfortable. I'd be willing to bet that your ass would be really sore on a 4 hour road trip in those LSC seats. Heck i sat in one for about 5-10 seconds, and it was like the seats were rock hard.

Come on, folks, we are talking about LINCOLNS, for <insert noun> sake!! :shock: :o There is no such thing as an "uncomfortable Lincoln"! Geez..... :roll:

I sat quite comfortably in the articulated passenger front seat of Cody's (Cessnapilot89) LSC on the 750 mile, one day round trip to attend a SoCal lunch. The only time my butt' hurt was sitting at the table at the Hill Street Cafe. The LSC seats are just a comfortable as the BB seats, in my not so humble opinion. There is no need for us to argue about this.
"This car may be old, but it will still climb Kirker Pass at 110!"- quote of the original owner of my green 1964 Chrysler 300-K

1986 Continental
1989 Mark VII Bill Blass (Oxford White)
1989 Mark VII LSC (Pewter Metallic)
1989 Mark VII LSC (Sandstone Metallic)
1/2 of a 1992 Town Car Signature (my guaranteed inheritance)
K MANIAC
BOARD MEMBER

Postby phoenix » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:03 pm

Well, folks. I've driven DC on 5 hr, 6 hr, and 14 hr road trips. I find absolutely nothing uncomfortable about the LSC buckets. Yeah, eventually you want to stretch, and that's when the bolsters come in so handy. I wouldn't trade the LSC buckets for the world. Well, I need new seat SKINS, but that's a different matter altogether. :oops: :lol:

That being said, the BB seats sure can look great (and Doug's do) and tear a heckuva lot less. Come on people! Two LSC's and only one BB so far have posted! Where you all at? No 84-89's??? John and Art, I am looking at you guys. You too, Chris and Cody! 8-) 8-)
Image Image

phoenix

Postby warwgn » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:40 am

First... Chris, chill out man... we're not arguing about anything, it's all in good fun... It's really personal preference, and what you're used to. For myself I can't stand bucket seats, and am actually quite fond of full width bench seats. (should I post interior pics of my old station wagon?)

My Dad's 1988 Dodge Daytona has bucket seats similar in design to the LSC buckets with the stiff suspension, and to me they're not really that comfortable.

I much prefer to have a seat that is so soft that you could literally sink into it... and BB seats, in partnership with soft ride air springs is like sex on the highway.

Jack, your old BB interior looks alot like John's GV and looks even more comfortable than my pillow top seats.. Speaking of John, where the heck is he? he should have posted pics of his interior by now.... LOL
Cheers
Doug Corrigan
warwgn
CLUB MEMBER

Postby artbaileyjr » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:58 am

BB vs LSC seats:
I spent 20 years in the SAME LSC seats accumulating 260,000+ miles in them. I took long trips, short trips, vacations, commutes; I even often sat in them while soaking wet after launching or retrieving the boat and I have to say that they are quite comfortable.... BUT... for long trips, I must admit that the BB seats are preferable in my opinion. Given the option, I'd prefer the BB seats for long hauls. I have never spent any time in the "sport delete", non pillow-back seats, but I would not go so far as to say that ANY of the Mark VII seats could be considered "uncomfortable".

Art

artbaileyjr
DECEASED MEMBERS

Postby fremar68 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:42 am

BB vs. LSC Sport Seats/Sport Delete

After having driven my 1988 LSC Sport Seat Delete for several years, then getting my first 1992 Green LSC with Sport Seat Delete and driving that for 1 year, then getting into and riding my second 1992 Green LSC with Sport Seats and driving that for several years, I would have to say that the Sport Seat Delete Seats are much more comfortable than the LSC Sport Seats. But know that I am a big (not tall) oversized guy. The LSC Sport Seats hug me just a little too much and I find them "Hard" compared to the LSC Sport Seat Delete Seats.

Although I have never gotten out of my LSC Sport Seats and had any back/body aches/pains while sitting in them after taking many short and medium range trips, but the LSC Sport Seat Delete Seats seems to suit me (my preference) better.

So clearly, my preference is LSC Sport Seat Delete.

I cannot speak about Bill Blass Seats as I have not owned one, but they do look very comfortable.

Fred D.
The Chairman
fremar68
BOARD MEMBER

Postby artbaileyjr » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:29 pm

"Busty" - Cranberry

Seats ~could~ use help, so Kat made up come covers.

"Dusty" - '91 LSC-SE - Black

"Shifty" - '88 LSC - Tan

"Annie" - '88 LSC - Blue

Hmmm... No recent pictures of "Trusty" other than below, but it's exactly the same a "Dusty" except for the GPS:

Art

artbaileyjr
DECEASED MEMBERS

Postby DaddyMc » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:02 pm

see mine here --> http://www.fordvschevy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70625
headliner (the whole car looks pretty normal till you get inside and look up!)
front (yes those are quite possibly the biggest dice I could find...I call them my "BIG LUCKYS")
rear aka:the kidzone (no food or drink, no crayons and barfing allowed!)

I also have the tach in front of the idiot lights, so I moved them...
http://www.fordvschevy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70411

...eventually the wood trim will be painted blue to match the cars exterior when I get her painted.
DaddyMc

Postby Davemutt » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:02 am

1990 LSC code SA - Sport Leather Titanium. Only modification is aftermarket receiver - I need my tunes!

Davemutt

Postby Davemutt » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:15 am

1990 LSC SE code SJ - Leather Sport Ebony. Modifications include aftermarket receiver, alarm, and ASC moonroof.

ASC moonroof.

Moonroof switch in upper console.

Ever notice the lower seat trim pieces are all gray? Were these color matched on earlier cars?

I came across a Gen I Mark VII in the yard and snagged the trunk carpet for $12 to replace the stock rat fur. The spare cover was full for a horizontal mount spare so I had to trim it down a little.
Davemutt

Postby K MANIAC » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:32 pm

...and now, what everyone has been waiting for... :shock: :o

1989 Bill Blass in charcoal broadcloth...
"Junk Yard Kat(hleen)" ^

...and as an added bonus...

1986 (Fox-Body) Continental in black velour (with newly installed headliner)...

Next?...
"This car may be old, but it will still climb Kirker Pass at 110!"- quote of the original owner of my green 1964 Chrysler 300-K

1986 Continental
K MANIAC
BOARD MEMBER

Postby White Lincoln » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:35 pm

Adorable little girl, she yours?
White Lincoln
SITE ADMIN

Postby K MANIAC » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:46 pm

White Lincoln wrote:Adorable little girl, she yours?

Yes, and I am a proud papa. :D

1986 Continental
K MANIAC
BOARD MEMBER

Postby White Lincoln » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:20 pm

K MANIAC wrote:

Must take after her mom... :lol: (just kidding, I couldn't resist!)

You should be proud!
White Lincoln
SITE ADMIN

Postby artbaileyjr » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:31 pm

White Lincoln wrote:
K MANIAC wrote:

Must take after her mom... :lol: (just kidding, I couldn't resist!)

You should be proud!

Is she adopted????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :D

artbaileyjr
DECEASED MEMBERS

Postby phoenix » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:16 pm

speaking of adoptions, that Conti is nice. i have not seen any in junkyards anywhere throughout the Midwest. forgotten how cool that dashboard was. definitely a VERY 80s dash, but just like the VII in a classy way. love it!!

i spy Mark VII parts: tripminder, climate control, digital cluster? 8-)
Image Image

phoenix

Next

Return to Interior