Refurbish Rear Speaker Covers!! Anyone put cloth back on??

cleaning, stain removal, washing, cloth, leather, vinyl, detailing.

Refurbish Rear Speaker Covers!! Anyone put cloth back on??

Postby slickrick » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:04 pm

I always love re-doing these speaker covers cause its about the cheapest easiest thing to make your rear deck look awesome!

Strip the cover down pulling all the fabric off and pull the tape off(instead of pulling that tape off roll it off), but be gentle cause you can break the little slots very easy. Ive done 5 sets in the past 5yrs and every one had at least 1 cracked!

I use a hot glue gun to fix the cracks(use the glue on the underside)

A little paint and your done! I always dab a little glue on the JBL emblem as it will be a little loose with no fabric on the cover! Anyone redone these in fabric? I would imagine it we be as hard as finding the tape u would use?

slickrick

Re: Refurbish Rear Speaker Covers!! Anyone put cloth back on

Postby MarkVII88 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:32 am

That looks better than the burgundy. I'm quite happy with the blue fabric over mine though. Those plush colorful leather interiors are sorely missed on today's cars.
'88 LSC (totaled)
MarkVII88

Postby CDW6212R » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:43 pm

Will the JBL and Premium emblems swap to any of the covers? I have both, and the fabric may or may not be good enough on a pair of the four.
Don
1991 Red Special Edition, my 2nd SE, dead paint, DWS 255/45/17's on 95 Cobra wheels, and soon; DVD/Navi/backup camera, OBDII and the 347, before custom paint.
98 Mountaineer with Continental DWS 255/55/18's, big sway bars, custom brakes. Soon to be A4WD with XP8 bumpers and wing.

ImageImage
CDW6212R
CLUB MEMBER

Postby slickrick » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:51 pm

They should, just look at the underside to see if the clip holes are the same. Ive had some that the clips have been broke on and i was able to glue them on without clips. So even if the clips are different as long as it covers the holes of the other emblem you could make it work.
slickrick

Postby CDW6212R » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:22 pm

Thanks, I'm glad to know that the emblem is removable, that helps.
Don
1991 Red Special Edition, my 2nd SE, dead paint, DWS 255/45/17's on 95 Cobra wheels, and soon; DVD/Navi/backup camera, OBDII and the 347, before custom paint.
98 Mountaineer with Continental DWS 255/55/18's, big sway bars, custom brakes. Soon to be A4WD with XP8 bumpers and wing.

ImageImage
CDW6212R
CLUB MEMBER

Postby MarkVII88 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:35 am

Actually mine are fairly faded now that I've double checked. Spray painting them the same blue as the leather would look great.
'88 LSC (totaled)
MarkVII88

Return to Interior