NEW SEAT COVERS

cleaning, stain removal, washing, cloth, leather, vinyl, detailing.

NEW SEAT COVERS

Postby dehabur » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:43 pm

Getting ready to replace all the seat covers. Anyone ever use Automotive Interiors of Springfield Mass? http://www.automotiveinteriors.com/
dehabur
CLUB MEMBER

Re: NEW SEAT COVERS

Postby White Lincoln » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:54 pm

I had my local upholstery shop do mine. She did a fantastic job! I am very happy with her work. It cost me less than $1000.

http://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/Gallery/album313
White Lincoln
SITE ADMIN

Postby dehabur » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:49 pm

One word. AWESOME!
dehabur
CLUB MEMBER

Postby White Lincoln » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:40 am

dehabur wrote:One word. AWESOME!

Yes! I really like the way they turned out. She did a really great job on them. Now to get it painted!
White Lincoln
SITE ADMIN

Postby JoeyChrome » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:09 pm

Hey what upholstery shop was it? Id like to see if I can get them to reupholster mine. Also was that price including the covers, or did you buy them elsewhere?
JoeyChrome
CLUB MEMBER

Postby ND4SPDLSC » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:17 pm

Surprinsingly, I have not heard of the place in Springfield/Belchertown. In the end, you just need someone capable to copy the existing patterns and use high quality materials. If they pay attention to details, you should be OK.
1985 Continental, Burgundy - In CT, Free to a good home!
1986 Mark VII LSC, Medium Graphite Metallic (1J), Project #1
1986 Mark VII LSC, Silver Metallic, Parts Car, Gone
1989 Mark VII LSC, Pewter Metallic (17) #, Unfortunate Parts Car, Gone
1989 Mark VII LSC, Pewter Metallic (17) #2, Project #2
1994 Mazda Miata, Classic Red
1999 Dodge Viper ACR, Viper Silver Metallic
1999 Jaguar XJR, Black, Stock
2000 BMW 540i/A, Biarritz Blue
2001 BMW 540i/6, Jet Black, Dinan Sprinkles
2001 BMW M5, Anthracite Metallic, Stock
ND4SPDLSC
CLUB MEMBER

Postby oldray » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:10 pm

dehabur wrote:Getting ready to replace all the seat covers. Anyone ever use Automotive Interiors of Springfield Mass? http://www.automotiveinteriors.com/

Hi, did you end up getting your seat covers from Automotive Interiors ?

How did they work out, …………..mine are in bad repair and need some love.

Thanks, Ray.
oldray

Location: Invermere, Rocky Mountains British Columbia, Canada

Postby Falkon » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:56 pm

Here is how I handled my last car bought in December. Seats were OK, except for the bottoms torn up. My friend Nancy sewed the simple pieces shown. I had my Mom try this on the last car and it lasted years. Cost was less than 20.00

http://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/Gallery/Seats

Falkon
CLUB MEMBER

Postby dehabur » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:38 pm

oldray wrote:
dehabur wrote:Getting ready to replace all the seat covers. Anyone ever use Automotive Interiors of Springfield Mass? http://www.automotiveinteriors.com/

Hi, did you end up getting your seat covers from Automotive Interiors ?

How did they work out, …………..mine are in bad repair and need some love.

Thanks, Ray.

Ray,
I went with the less expensive perforated Vinyl seat covers. They look great and Diane was great to work with from Automotive interiors.com. Highly recommended. There was a small issue with the attachment of the rear backseat cover that I had to send back but they fixed it and sent back quickly to satisfy the customer. They do have the correct patern for my 90 LSC seats. $695.00 for the full set.
dehabur
CLUB MEMBER

Postby nick.gerasimchuk » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:08 am

Dear group,

I would like to cover front seats of my 1991 BB, but have little luck of finding company or vendor who can make covers. Twice I returned seat covers because they did not fit well, were too bulgy... The matter is that I have black leather classic pattern seats, but always was getting (as they said - the most common) sport pattern.

I just need a durable two-colors seat covers (vinyl, or fabric), not to restore/repair existing one since there is no damage to my seats [yet...].

Any suggestions or contacts will be very welcome! - Many thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Nick
Nick Gerasimchuk
nick.gerasimchuk
CLUB MEMBER

Postby dehabur » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:57 am

LINCOLN SEATS 013.JPG
Ray I did order them from http://www.automotiveinteriors.com They lady I spoke with is Diane. She is very helpful and ended up saving me some money as I used the perforated Vinyl vice the leather and it looks great. Looking for pics to show you. I have to admit it was missing some of the battons on the back seat but they were returned and modified quickly by the folks there and they are on now and wow what a difference it makes to have a nice comfortable seats to sit in. These were fairly complex seats but if you take your time and do one piece at a time it's not too bad. they even supplied the hog-rings and pliers but I splurged with a new premium set of pliers and glad I did there were so many rings. Let me know if you need more info.[attachment=0]LINCOLN SEATS 013.JPG The new pic is too large. I'll email it to you if you PM me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dehabur
CLUB MEMBER

Postby oldray » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:32 am

PM sent (I think). :) Thanks.
oldray

Location: Invermere, Rocky Mountains British Columbia, Canada

Postby dehabur » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:07 pm

got it working on some new pics.
dehabur
CLUB MEMBER

Postby nick.gerasimchuk » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:37 am

dehabur wrote:
LINCOLN SEATS 013.JPG
Ray I did order them from http://www.automotiveinteriors.com They lady I spoke with is Diane. She is very helpful and ended up saving me some money as I used the perforated Vinyl vice the leather and it looks great. Looking for pics to show you. I have to admit it was missing some of the battons on the back seat but they were returned and modified quickly by the folks there and they are on now and wow what a difference it makes to have a nice comfortable seats to sit in. These were fairly complex seats but if you take your time and do one piece at a time it's not too bad. they even supplied the hog-rings and pliers but I splurged with a new premium set of pliers and glad I did there were so many rings. Let me know if you need more info.[attachment=0]LINCOLN SEATS 013.JPG The new pic is too large. I'll email it to you if you PM me.

Dear "dehabur":

Thank you for the message. Unfortunately I can't see your pictures... The admin does not allow me to see them. So, if you could re-send them or forward to my other e-mail address I would be very glad. The new e-mail is: nick.gerasimchuk@gmail.com

Many thanks in advance!

Nick
Nick Gerasimchuk
nick.gerasimchuk
CLUB MEMBER

Postby cfcjr » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:34 am

." The admin does not allow me to see them." Club Membership will cure this......
Charlie
2013 Lincoln MKS 3200 Miles
2007 Grand Marquis LS 50,000 miles
2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited 145,000 miles
1989 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 90,000 miles
1968 Cougar "XR7"
cfcjr
CLUB MEMBER

Postby nick.gerasimchuk » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:29 pm

cfcjr wrote:." The admin does not allow me to see them." Club Membership will cure this......

I am a club member... :roll:

Nick
Nick Gerasimchuk
nick.gerasimchuk
CLUB MEMBER

Postby dehabur » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:35 am

Nick I am working on some new pics of the installed seats. Unfortunately the weather has me frozen in. Once we get the big thaw I will post some.
dehabur
CLUB MEMBER

Postby cfcjr » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:51 am

Nick: I wasn't trying to be a smart a$$. I value this club way too much for that. If you have paid your dues, then please contact Old School. You are still listed as a registered user only.
Thanks
Charlie
Charlie
2013 Lincoln MKS 3200 Miles
2007 Grand Marquis LS 50,000 miles
2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited 145,000 miles
1989 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 90,000 miles
1968 Cougar "XR7"
cfcjr
CLUB MEMBER

Postby oldschool1 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:19 am

nick.gerasimchuk wrote:
cfcjr wrote:." The admin does not allow me to see them." Club Membership will cure this......

I am a club member... :roll:

Nick

Nick,
The error with your FORUM ACCOUNT was on this end and has been corrected.

Your GROUP icon to the right will now correctly read CLUB MEMBER, and your benefits will resume as outlined in the GUESTS, REGISTERED USERS, CLUB MEMBERS post located at http://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2543

The database shows your CLUB MEMBER ACCOUNT has been in good standing since 2012/07/23 but your forum account reverted back to REGISTERED USER for some reason. Once I go through the logs and locate the date that your CLUB MEMBER FORUM status changed, I'll be able to credit your CLUB MEMBER account for lost time.

Thank you for being a CLUB MEMBER and supporter of the hobby!

We now resume our regular programming already in progress :)
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Postby nick.gerasimchuk » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:51 pm

cfcjr wrote:Nick: I wasn't trying to be a smart a$$. I value this club way too much for that. If you have paid your dues, then please contact Old School. You are still listed as a registered user only.
Thanks
Charlie

My dues are due in August of 2015 since I paid 2 years in advance. There was an error on processing my personal check in 2013, that's why I was granted one more year.

I have no problems of paying dues. If it is time - let me know and I will send another my check to the address on the letterhead (P.O. #) of the club.

Nick
Nick Gerasimchuk
nick.gerasimchuk
CLUB MEMBER

Postby oldschool1 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:45 am

Nick. You're good. We will contact you when you are due :)
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Postby mikeceli » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:36 pm

I bought my "Duplicate of original" bucket seat upholstery from AutoCraft Interiors (Custom Interiors, their commercial division, same product) approx. 4 years ago.

I brought them and the seats to an upholster in N. Cali. He charged me $50 per hour and I assisted in the job, to keep price down.

They look GREAT and smell good too! I probably posted about them on this forum, years ago. I went with leather, perforated like OE.

I also bought front & rear duplicate upholstery from them for one of my 2, 1996 Impala SS's (daughter's car). VERY happy with it, also. I will be ordering a set for my other (sons car) 1996 Impala SS, soon. I recall, a fabric install tab was missing, but my upholstery guy just sewed on one with his commercial machine. I forget if that was the Lincoln or Chevy.

My brother also bought stuff from Autocraft and was very satisfied. If your in N Cali, I can provide the upholstry guys phone #. I can't state that he waill allow you to assist, but he does nice work.

MikeCeli
GOD BLESS AMERICA]

1988 Mark VII LSC

2016 Chev Cruze
2014 Chev VOLT
2000 Ford Excursion 4X4 Diesel
1996 Implal SS Black
1996 Impala SS Dark Cherry
1995 Buick Roadmaster sedan
1986 Corvette Coupe
1989 IROC-Z Camaro convertible
1986 Ford F250 4X4 Diesel