What's the best?

cleaning, stain removal, washing, cloth, leather, vinyl, detailing.

What's the best?

Postby WHITEOXLSC » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:11 pm

Ok everyone, let's have a club discussion on cleaners and protectants. I have used a product in the past and other people say oh don't use that, use this. I want to know what is the best protectant and cleaners for tires, leather, vinyl, plastic, glass you name it. One product or a bunch lets get the overall best list to keep our Marks clean and protected. To get this started I'm going to say that I have used the Lexol brand for cleaning and preserving my leather. Maguire's products for the paint, and Gunk for cleaning the greasy stuff. Although I picked up some Totally awesome orange cleaner at the dollar store and to my surprise, it works better that the gunk engine degreaser and smells better too. 8-) It worked so well, I went back and bought four more bottles! I have used Armor All, but now I have read here that it isn't what it is cracked up to be. :evil: What is a good vinyl and hard plastic protectant? With so many products out there it's hard to choose. Post your recommendations here.....

Thanks
Bruce
WHITEOXLSC
ImageImageImageImage

1990 Regatta Blue LSC (newest addition aka Blu)
1986 Mark VII Silver LSC (sold, aka the Grey Ghost)
1990 Mark VII Oxford White LSC (new addition aka the WhiteOx)
1993 Ford Green Explorer Sport 2WD 4.0L V6 (daily driver do everything truck)(loaded first generation)
1988 Ford Blue/mostly rust brown Ranger 2.9L V6 STX P/U (Old faithful) (dead trans, 358XXX miles, sold)
1975 Oldsmobile Blue Omega Hatchback Coupe

Proudly supporting ; Pick N Pull of the greater bay area, NAPA auto parts, Ebay, Suncore Industries, Johnny Franklin mufflers, and Paul Protos electronics restoration.
WHITEOXLSC
CLUB MEMBER

Location: Santa Rosa, Sonoma County (the "other" wine country) California

Re: What's the best?

Postby LLFordman » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:57 am

I like Turtle Wax Ice for the plastics and vinyl. Its goes on easy, not too shiny and doesn't leave the surface real greasy either.
Julian
W4VCO

1990 Mark VII Convertible Twilight Blue
1990 Mark VII LSC SE Dark Titanium
1991 Mark VII LSC Titanium Frost
1992 Mark VII LSC Deep Jewel Green
1997 F350 PSD CC SRW Performance White
1998 Mustang Bright Atlantic Blue
2001 Explorer Limited 5.0 Spruce Green

"I have a plan, just not all the money"
LLFordman
CLUB MEMBER

Postby oldschool1 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:06 pm

WHITEOXLSC wrote:... What is a good vinyl and hard plastic protectant? ...

MOTHERS Protectant ... hands down.
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Postby White Lincoln » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:58 pm

Mothers, Turtlewax, Meguiars, whatever is on sale at Big Lots. I just picked up some new EagleOne Trim Protector that works great on our the bumper trim and plastic trim around the car. I got it for $3 at Big Lots, it is regular $6 or $7 in other stores. Don't get me wrong, I also just bought Lexol leather cleaner for almost $9 a bottle at Autozone.

Most people swear by Mothers and Meguiars for an arsenal of car care products.

Lexol was the only product that had a leather CLEANER product. After that I used my Mothers Leather conditioner to protect it.
http://www.lexol.com/product_leather_cleaner.aspx

Turtlewax is good too. As I said, go to Big Lots first and see what's on sale there and save about half what the other stores are charging. Then go to the other stores for what the discount stores don't have. I have three cars so I need to save where I can.
White Lincoln
SITE ADMIN

Postby mikeceli » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:09 am

http://www.303products.com/

303 Protectant is best, IMO. It was originall marketed for planes that sit on hot airport pavement.

My 1965 Lincoln's dash was crack free, up to about a week after I applied Armor All, in 1986, or so.
GOD BLESS AMERICA]

1988 Mark VII LSC

2016 Chev Cruze
2014 Chev VOLT
2000 Ford Excursion 4X4 Diesel
1996 Implal SS Black
1996 Impala SS Dark Cherry
1995 Buick Roadmaster sedan
1986 Corvette Coupe
1989 IROC-Z Camaro convertible
1986 Ford F250 4X4 Diesel
1979 "Y84" "Bandit" Trans Am 403/AT