Factory Whoops?

cleaning, stain removal, washing, cloth, leather, vinyl, detailing.

Factory Whoops?

Postby WHITEOXLSC » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:26 pm

I was taking some photos of my car and noticed this. The grill is still fastened in place, so it makes me believe that this happened at the factory and they just left it that way. :o
http://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/Gallery/whiteoxlsc/HPIM5258
Bruce
WHITEOXLSC
ImageImageImageImage

1990 Regatta Blue LSC (newest addition aka Blu)
1986 Mark VII Silver LSC (sold, aka the Grey Ghost)
1990 Mark VII Oxford White LSC (new addition aka the WhiteOx)
1993 Ford Green Explorer Sport 2WD 4.0L V6 (daily driver do everything truck)(loaded first generation)
1988 Ford Blue/mostly rust brown Ranger 2.9L V6 STX P/U (Old faithful) (dead trans, 358XXX miles, sold)
1975 Oldsmobile Blue Omega Hatchback Coupe

Proudly supporting ; Pick N Pull of the greater bay area, NAPA auto parts, Ebay, Suncore Industries, Johnny Franklin mufflers, and Paul Protos electronics restoration.
WHITEOXLSC
CLUB MEMBER

Location: Santa Rosa, Sonoma County (the "other" wine country) California

Re: Factory Whoops?

Postby RoyLPita » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:33 pm

I saw a few of these where the emblem was facing the back seat.
2003 Mercury Marauder 300B (traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles)
2010 Lexus IS250 (bought 8/9/13 @ 39129 miles)

I had a 1987 LSC way back when.
I got that itch again for a Mark VII (it might take a while)
Look here for 86-88 and 92 Mark VII brochures:http://www.lov2xlr8.no/lincoln.html
Cup holder: E4LY-6313530-A $33.08 list
Window switches: E4LY-14529-A or Motorcraft SW-7055 $29.66 list

R.I.P. Art Bailey Jr 1953-2013
R.I.P. Thomas "TomNH" Saluti 1948 - 2015
RoyLPita

Postby WHITEOXLSC » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:34 pm

RoyLPita wrote:I saw a few of these where the emblem was facing the back seat.

Really from the factory? Well, when there installed that way, it kind of lets your passengers know what kind of system you have. :) I always thought they were suppose to be facing out.... It's funny they didn't have JBL badging on the front speaker grills instead of the plain "coaxial speaker" name plate. :?: Anyway, I think mine was either installed upside down at the factory, or it fell off and one of the previous owners snapped it back on that way. Kind of a PITA to try to pry it back off so I will just leave it that way, for a conversation piece. I'll see how many people notice :lol:
Bruce
WHITEOXLSC
ImageImageImageImage

1993 Ford Green Explorer Sport 2WD 4.0L V6 (daily driver do everything truck)(loaded first generation)
1988 Ford Blue/mostly rust brown Ranger 2.9L V6 STX P/U (Old faithful) (dead trans, 358XXX miles, sold)

Proudly supporting ; Pick N Pull of the greater bay area, NAPA auto parts, Ebay, Suncore Industries, Johnny Franklin mufflers, and Paul Protos electronics restoration.
WHITEOXLSC
CLUB MEMBER

Postby oldschool1 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:48 am

I can think of at least three of us that would notice immediately :)

The grill is easy to remove and the badge is just as easy. At this point in the game, unless you're shooting for the Club's Best Of Show trophy at the Carlisle Ford Nationals, then yeah, leave it as is .
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Postby RoyLPita » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:28 am

WHITEOXLSC wrote:
RoyLPita wrote:I saw a few of these where the emblem was facing the back seat.

Really from the factory? Well, when there installed that way, it kind of lets your passengers know what kind of system you have. :) I always thought they were suppose to be facing out.... It's funny they didn't have JBL badging on the front speaker grills instead of the plain "coaxial speaker" name plate. :?: Anyway, I think mine was either installed upside down at the factory, or it fell off and one of the previous owners snapped it back on that way. Kind of a PITA to try to pry it back off so I will just leave it that way, for a conversation piece. I'll see how many people notice :lol:

For the age of the vehicles that I saw this on, I believe it was what OldSchool said.
2003 Mercury Marauder 300B (traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles)
2010 Lexus IS250 (bought 8/9/13 @ 39129 miles)

I had a 1987 LSC way back when.
I got that itch again for a Mark VII (it might take a while)
Look here for 86-88 and 92 Mark VII brochures:http://www.lov2xlr8.no/lincoln.html
Cup holder: E4LY-6313530-A $33.08 list
Window switches: E4LY-14529-A or Motorcraft SW-7055 $29.66 list

R.I.P. Art Bailey Jr 1953-2013
R.I.P. Thomas "TomNH" Saluti 1948 - 2015
RoyLPita

Postby WHITEOXLSC » Thu May 22, 2014 9:38 pm

After months of driving the car around and people saying nice car....hey did you know your little sign on the speaker is upside down, I decided to fix it.... This car was purchased new by a lil old lady, it was then bought by a little old man, after that, it was purchased by the person I got it from. He said it was that way when he bought it and was going to fix it but never did. I don't think the lil old man or the original owner would have done it.

I proceeded with my trusty mirror and small screwdriver and pried it of. There was no way that it could have just "fallen off" as it was snapped on really well. The badge was a little warped due to the fact that the indexing hole wasn't meshed right, because it was upside down........It even says "top" on the back, stamped in the thin metal surround......

This gives me many reasons to believe that it left the factory that way and no one in the 24 years of the cars life did anything to correct it....until now... I proceeded to flatten it back to it's original shape and then snapped it back into place....

Could have been one of those factory flukes......who knows, but I do know that I won't get...hey did you know your little sign????........ :lol: :mrgreen:
Bruce
WHITEOXLSC
ImageImageImageImage

WHITEOXLSC
CLUB MEMBER

Return to Interior