1991 Cadillac Fleetwood Coupe

General open questions about any and all vehicles, motorcycles, bikes, boats, planes, trains

1991 Cadillac Fleetwood Coupe

Postby MarkVII88 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:29 am

Was never sure I'd have an even more rare car than the Mark VII! Picked this model of Cadillac up tonight. My first Cadillac, and I've desired one all my life. It doesn't run but for what I paid I thought I could risk it. 896 made and you just don't see them. Bet I could easily get way more than I paid for it as-is but I just want to drive the thing! Cadillac's only good engine of that era, the 4.9, is hard to come by in a coupe. Really happy with my buy. Car is straight as an arrow. Really tempting to buy my friend's excellent running Sedan Deville just as a parts car though he wants more than I paid for this one! Can snap a picture or two later if anyone is interested.
'88 LSC (totaled)
MarkVII88

Re: 1991 Cadillac Fleetwood Coupe

Postby MarkVII88 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:12 pm

'88 LSC (totaled)
MarkVII88

Postby WHITEOXLSC » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:45 pm

Nice, and with a sunroof, really cool. So have you looked into as to why it doesn't run? 8-)
Bruce
WHITEOXLSC
ImageImageImageImage

1990 Regatta Blue LSC (newest addition aka Blu)
1986 Mark VII Silver LSC (sold, aka the Grey Ghost)
1990 Mark VII Oxford White LSC (new addition aka the WhiteOx)
1993 Ford Green Explorer Sport 2WD 4.0L V6 (daily driver do everything truck)(loaded first generation)
1988 Ford Blue/mostly rust brown Ranger 2.9L V6 STX P/U (Old faithful) (dead trans, 358XXX miles, sold)
1975 Oldsmobile Blue Omega Hatchback Coupe

Proudly supporting ; Pick N Pull of the greater bay area, NAPA auto parts, Ebay, Suncore Industries, Johnny Franklin mufflers, and Paul Protos electronics restoration.
WHITEOXLSC
CLUB MEMBER

Location: Santa Rosa, Sonoma County (the "other" wine country) California

Postby MarkVII88 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:46 pm

Got her up on jack stands and hope it's just the starter though whacking it with a hammer several times didn't produce any result. Going to try to get the starter cranking tomorrow directly with a jumper wire and decide where to go next from there. These cars have the "VATS" security anti-theft system known to go wonky after a number of years but mine at least appears to be working as it should; the SECURITY light that flashes when the door is opened goes out once the key with the resistor chip is turned into the ignition. :?
'88 LSC (totaled)
MarkVII88

Postby MarkVII88 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:38 am

Back with a quick update.. finally picked up a new OEM starter today. Before swapping it out I turned the key to the ON position and went underneath and found with the sparks a screwdriver produced at the solenoid that power was indeed getting down there though nothing else happened. I decided enough was enough and was just going to put the new starter in; I was trying to avoid just throwing money at the car in new parts which might not actually fix the problem. Luckily tonight though this did fix the problem and the car fired right up! Looking forward to tomorrow which will be the first day I get to drive a Cadillac.. and it's actually one of the ones I'd want to drive! Heck, I'm still shocked I actually OWN it!
'88 LSC (totaled)
MarkVII88

Return to My Other Car