2018 CARLISLE FORD NATIONALS

Formerly known as the All Ford Nationals, this four day annual event attracts thousands of spectators and participants from around the world. The 82-acre property is also the location of the Club's East Coast Annual Meeting.

Postby oldschool1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:11 pm

Jun 1-3, 2018
Adult Admission: Daily Fri.- Sat. $15 / Sun $7 / Event Pass $30
Thursday - Set Up/Load In Day - $15
Kids 12 and Under FREE
Event Hours Thu.-Sat. 7am-7pm , Sun. 7am-3pm

The entire family will enjoy the largest and most thrilling all-Ford event in the world. Ford, Mercury and Lincoln fans will have a showcase of over 3,000 vehicles to check out on the National Parts Depot showfield. During this event, you will enjoy great indoor displays of concepts, customs and historically-significant cars and trucks; test drives by Ford Motor Company, a burnout competition, activities for the kids, industry guests, giveaways, autocross for all skill levels and club gatherings. The excitement continues with a shopping experience you won’t soon forget as part of the enormous swap meet, car corral and the Manufacturers Midway for the best in parts buying.

By popular demand, gates are open Thursday at a full-price admission, though parking is FREE. Thursday is a set up/load in day for both vendors and those showing cars. By attending Thursday, you just might find a steal of a deal within the swap meet or on the midway. You can also catch a glimpse of the action before anyone else.

- See more at: http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-ford-nationals/default.aspx
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Re: 2018 CARLISLE FORD NATIONALS

Postby Brad4d » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:59 pm

John, thank you for all the work you've done with all the show information. You are a credit to the club, and the hobby in general. The effort is noticed, and appreciated.
Bradford (Brad) Bailey
1992 LSC Black on black. all stock
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada (No, I don't fish, or play hockey :lol: )
"I'm old enough to know I'm grumpy, just not old enough to know I'm old" (48 yrs.)
Brad4d

Postby oldschool1 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:32 am

Thank you for the compliment.
A quick look through the Club's Membership Database shows that there are Club Members in:
Alberta
British Columbia
Manitoba
New Brunswick
Ontario (Doug Corrigan Ottawa)
Quebec
and
Saskatchewan (SK)

Doug has been down to Pennsylvania with his Lincoln Mark VII and participated in at least two events.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Postby Brad4d » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:07 pm

If I were in Toronto area, It'd be a 'for sure', from me. It's a bit over 16 hours drive. One hotel stop. It'd be quite an adventure, and hopefully I can do it at some point. Carlisle looks like an amazing event. I may have to borrow my Mothers electric scooter though. :lol: So much to see!
Bradford (Brad) Bailey
"I'm old enough to know I'm grumpy, just not old enough to know I'm old" (48 yrs.)
Brad4d

Postby oldschool1 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:36 pm

Standard Scooters
•Standard-weight mobility scooters are suitable for passengers weighing up to 350lbs.
•Heavy Duty mobility scooters are suitable for passengers weighing up to 500lbs.
• Models are offered with three or four wheels, depending on availability.
• All scooters are outfitted with front basket for easy convention material storage.
• Scooters include padded armrests and adjustable swivel seat for easy entrance.
•Models may vary from picture shown here.

Rental Rates
Daily Rate
Standard Scooter
$80
Manual Wheelchair
$25

Carlisle Fairgrounds (Carlisle, PA)

"With the Carlisle Fairgrounds 150 acres of exhibit space, an electric scooter or wheelchair will ensure that you are able to see as much of the event as possible."

Carlisle Fairgrounds
1000 Bryn Mawr Rd
Carlisle, PA 17013
Phone: 1 (717) 243-7855
Fax: 1 (717) 243-0255
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Postby Brad4d » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:52 am

I guess I'm not too odd for thinking about that then! LOL However, with Mom's, I can't get in as much trouble for customizing it. Flamed paint job, Lincoln emblems, cool hubcabs to look like mags, that sorta' thing. :lol: Most importantly, a switch to parallel the batteries from 2 12 Volts in series, to 24 Volts. That, I might get in trouble for...LOL.
Bradford (Brad) Bailey
Brad4d

Postby oldschool1 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:58 am

The Club's former New Hampsure Chapter Coordinator, brought his own scooter on the BACK OF his Lincoln Mark VII LSC convertible of all things.
Currently, the picture escapes me but it's sooo doable!
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Postby Brad4d » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:08 pm

The one I'd bring, will break down into smaller parts. I used to put it in the trunk of a Tempo, so there'd be no worries getting it into the Mark. It also has big batteries, & is designed a little faster than most portable units. Mom was lucky to get such a nice one. She often jokes about giving it a hot rod treatment, so customizing it at the show would actually be a fun project...Lincoln style of course. Although the idea of a 75 year old grandmother on a flamed out scooter, is kinda' neat. :lol: Lincoln emblems though...are a must! 8-)
Bradford (Brad) Bailey
Brad4d

Return to Carlisle Ford Nationals, Carlisle, Pennsylvania